Bourbonnais Terrace is a Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF), previously known as an Institute for Mental Disease (IMD). It is a freestanding residential treatment facility for individuals who are living with mental illness.
Candidates eligible for care in a SMHRF are:
- 18 years of age and older
- Without a primary diagnosis of substance use disorder
- Without medical conditions that require active intervention, treatment or a higher level of medical care
- Without diagnosis of traumatic brain injury or dementia
- Eligible for involuntary commitment under the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code
- Not an imminent risk of harm to themselves or others.
Public aid and most managed care coverage is accepted.
For more information about eligibility or to arrange for a personal assessment, please call (815) 937-4790.